Welcome to our comprehensive guide to different types of contact lenses. Whether you're new to wearing contacts or looking to explore your options, this page will provide you with valuable information about various types of contact lenses available in the market today. From vision correction to cosmetic enhancement, contact lenses offer a versatile and convenient solution for your visual needs. Let's dive in and discover the different types of contact lenses:
1. Soft Contact Lenses:Soft contact lenses are the most popular and widely used type of contact lenses. Made from flexible, water-containing plastics, these lenses are comfortable to wear and conform to the shape of your eye. They are available in various designs to cater to different vision correction needs, including:
2. Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) Contact Lenses:RGP lenses are durable and provide excellent visual clarity. They allow oxygen to reach the cornea, maintaining eye health. Although they may require an adjustment period, RGP lenses offer advantages such as better durability, resistance to deposit buildup, and enhanced tear exchange.
3. Toric Contact Lenses:Toric lenses are designed specifically to correct astigmatism, a common condition characterized by an irregularly shaped cornea. These lenses have different powers in different meridians to compensate for astigmatism and provide clear vision. Toric lenses are available in both soft and RGP materials.
4. Multifocal Contact Lenses: Multifocal lenses are ideal for individuals with presbyopia, a condition that affects near vision as we age. These lenses have multiple lens powers, enabling clear vision at various distances (near, intermediate, and far). Multifocal lenses can be either soft or RGP, allowing for seamless transitions between different visual zones.
5. Coloured Contact Lenses:Colored contact lenses are available with or without prescription and allow you to change or enhance your eye color. Whether you want a subtle change or a dramatic effect, colored lenses offer versatility and can transform your look. These lenses come in various shades, from natural-looking enhancements to vibrant hues.
6. Scleral Contact Lenses: Scleral lenses are large, gas-permeable lenses that cover the entire cornea and extend onto the white part of the eye (sclera). They are used to correct various vision problems, including irregular corneas, such as those caused by keratoconus. Scleral lenses provide excellent comfort and stability.
Remember, it's essential to consult with your eye care professional to determine the most suitable contact lenses for your eyes and lifestyle. We will consider factors such as your prescription, eye health, and specific needs to guide you in choosing the right type of lenses.
We hope this overview has helped you understand the various types of contact lenses available. Whether you're seeking vision correction, astigmatism correction, or a cosmetic change, there's a contact lens option for you. Explore the possibilities and enjoy the freedom and convenience that contact lenses provide!
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
25 High Street, Barkingside, Ilford, IG6 2AW, United Kingdom
Telephone: 020 8550 9288
09:00 – 17:30
CALL US ON 020 8550 9288